Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> > manage to have the same man page name as some other existing page.
> > *That* would be a bad thing. And in general adding ~75 man pages to
> > existing sections is a pretty big load...
>
> As long as we install into /usr/local/pgsql/man/man*, naming conflicts
> with other packages aren't too big a deal --- there's no physical file
> conflict, and people can just add or remove /usr/local/pgsql/man/ in
> their MANPATH settings to see or not see Postgres manpages.

Jumping in mid-stream and a week late (love holidays, eh? *grin*) ... My
opinion is to make the default ${PREFIX}/man and have a --manpath=
variable set to configure to move it to a different place...

I *believe* that Oracle installs its man pages under its install
directory, but can't confirm right now...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages