Re: [HACKERS] Re: autoconf does not recognize HP-UX 11.00.

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: autoconf does not recognize HP-UX 11.00.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> Ryan Bradetich <rbrad@hpb50023.boi.hp.com> writes:
> > Looks like autoconf has been updated.
>
> >> This has been fixed.  Pick up a recent revision of config.guess from the
> >> Autoconf CVS repository.
>
> I suspected as much.  I'll make a point of pulling up-to-date configure
> support files from the Autoconf repository whenever we approach a
> major release of Postgres.
>
> The next question is whether we ought to back-patch such updates into
> our stable-release series or not?  If they're not formal releases from
> the Autoconf guys I hesitate to do that...

My opinion is yes, we should..."stable releases", IMHO, fix existing bugs
that can be done without major re-writes.  I'd say a good portion of the
"bugs" are going to be porting related, and some of those are merely
'Autoconf' related...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org