Re: plpgsql

От Jie Liang
Тема Re: plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Roberto,

Thanks for your help, I read the docs.
I am still not entire sure, my problem is in my plpgsql function
I used
for rec in select ... for update loop
update stmt
end loop;

I don't want above chosen rows be selected(i.e. I want them to be lock
exclusively) by another user until transaction done.

do I need an explicit LOCK stmt?
can it be used in the plpgsql function??

Thanks again.

Jie LIANG

St. Bernard Software

10350 Science Center Drive
Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
Office:(858)320-4873

jliang@ipinc.com
www.stbernard.com
www.ipinc.com

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Roberto Mello wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 04:58:02PM -0700, Jie Liang wrote:
> >
> > I 've a question about begin...end in plpgsql
> > does
> > sql stmts in
> > begin
> > end;
> > will go one transaction?
>
>     Read the documentation (programmer's guide). It's all there. It's to
> answer your questions that we take the time to write docs in the first
> place :)
>     Short answer: everything in your function is executed in one
> transaction. BEGIN and END in PL/pgSQL are NOT the same as in the
> transaction semantics.
>
>     -Roberto
> --
> +----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+
>   Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU - http://www.brasileiro.net
>        http://www.sdl.usu.edu - Space Dynamics Lab, Developer
> If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: