Re: Foreign key references now fails with inherited columns

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Foreign key references now fails with inherited columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> The following sequence, which works in 7.0.2, now fails in current
> sources:

> [example snipped]
>
> I think this means that the FOREIGN KEY installer thinks that table
> "individual" does not have columns "id" and "address", which are
> inherited from "person".  However, if this is correct, the wording of the
> error message is poorly chosen, since it seems to refer to the columns
> mentioned after the REFERENCES keyword.

Yeah, that is what it means, and yes, that was probably a bad choice of
wording (will fix that too).  Hmm, without looking (no access to code from
work unless I get another copy), that probably means that the list of
columns in the function doesn't get those columns (at least by that
point).