Re: is there a way to DROP foreign key constraint ?

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: is there a way to DROP foreign key constraint ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> I'm unable to find the complementary function to
>
> ALTER TABLE t ADD FOREIGN KEY(id) REFERENCES pkt(pk);

Currently, ALTER TABLE ... DROP table constraint definition
doesn't exist.

> I would try DROP TRIGGER, but I've also been unable to
> find a way to name the constraint ;(

Umm, put the constraint name in the table constraint definition?
attributes>]<constraint name definition> ::= CONSTRAINT <constraint name>

Currently, you need to drop the three triggers from pg_trigger
that are associated with the constraint.  Easiest way to find
them if you don't have a constraint name is to look at the tg_args.