Re: AW: Inserting a select statement result into another ta ble

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: AW: Inserting a select statement result into another ta ble
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
With how we do things right now, does it actually gain us anything
to have a presorted table?  Do we know not to do a seek on an index scan
if we're already at the right location in the heap file?  We can't assume
the table is sorted (unless it hasn't been modified), so it's not like we
can sequence scan and stop when the bounds are met.  If we don't do the
seek though, this could definately be good for mostly static data since
that might allow us to mostly not do seeks on normal conditions.