Re: Referential integrity: broken rule?

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Referential integrity: broken rule?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Yes, I believe it is mentioned in the docs (well at least the
sgml source, I don't have a compiled doc set) as a bug
of the implementation somewhere in the section on references.
7.1 should fail for this case, although it doesn't properly deal with
dropping the unique constraint later.

Stephan Szabo
sszabo@bigpanda.com

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Franz J Fortuny wrote:

> This table:
>
> create table things
> (
>   idthing integer not null,
>   isthis boolean not null
>   primary key(idthing,isthis)
>
> )
>
> would be referenced by this one:
>
> create table forthings
> (
>   fromthing integer not null references things(idthing),

> )
>
> The above SHOULD NOT be accepted, since table "things" did not declare
> idthing as UNIQUE. However, it IS accepted under PostgreSQL (7.0.2).

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: