Locking

От Jeff MacDonald
Тема Locking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi folks,
 I posted this on docs and didn't get a reply, so i'm throwing it in here.

======================

Hi,

I was reading the MVCC docs and came across this statement

"Postgres doesn't remember any information about
modified rows in memory and so has no limit to the
number of rows locked without lock escalation. "

And this is how i interpreted it.

you can have unlimited rows locked with out it going to a 'table
lock'

Do these two staements say the samething ?

Jeff MacDonald
jeff@pgsql.com