Re: [GENERAL] PHP3 and PostgreSQL

От eschmid
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PHP3 and PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, sheila bel wrote:

> I'm trying to do the equivalent of the following command of
> mysql (inside PHP3 code) in postgreSQL.

Oh I see there can help only Oliver Elphick or Paul DuBois.

> while (($row = mysql_fetch_object($result))) .....
>
> I know there is the pg_fetch_object($result, ?) but I don't
> know what to use for ?. I tried 0 and it does an exhaustive
> search. I tried using something like $num

The function prototype looks right now like:

/* {{{ proto object pg_fetch_object(int result, int row)
   Fetch a row as an object */

> $num=0
> while (($row = mysql_fetch_object($result,$num))) ...
>
> $num++;

While the function prototype in MySQL looks:

/* {{{ proto object mysql_fetch_object(int result [, int result_typ])
   Fetch a result row as an object */

The optional result_typ is a constant and can be set to MYSQL_ASSOC,
MYSQL_NUM, or MYSQL_BOTH.

> this is the error message I get :
>
> Warning: Unable to jump to row 1 on PostgresSQL result index 2

This means, you don't have a second row numbered 1 in result index 2.

-Egon

PS: If this is misleading, I should read the PHP documentation myself a
couple of times.

--
   Besuchen Sie Six auf der CeBIT (24.2.-1.3.) in Halle 10, Stand 425,
     und auf der Hannover-Messe (20.-25.3.) in Halle 14, Stand J50!

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PHP3 and PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PHP3 and PostgreSQL