Re: [GENERAL] max query length

От Marc Tardif
Тема Re: [GENERAL] max query length
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think there is no maximum on the actual query length, but there is a
limit on the max row size. If I remember correctly, there is an 8k limit
to the contents of an entire row. If you need more than that, either split
your data across multiple rows are use the blob data type.

Marc

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, dean browett wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me whether there is a maximum query length using 'insert'?
>
> We want to insert a text statement into our db. This statement may be up to
> 20k in size.
>
> Dean

Сообщение: RE: [GENERAL] using ID as a key
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] using ID as a key