Re: [HACKERS] libpq questions...when threads collide

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: [HACKERS] libpq questions...when threads collide
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > > I disagree, because they serve different audiences.  The snapshot docs
> > > are very useful to developers, particularly those of us who don't have
> > > SGML tools installed but still want to know whether the docs we
> > > committed recently look right or not ;-).  Meanwhile, current-release
> > > documents are clearly the right thing to provide for ordinary users.
>
> Vince, I'm with Tom on this one, having both would be great. The
> "developer's only" posting is a holdover from the first days when we
> could generate docs on the Postgres machine, and I only had one place
> on the web page I could put docs. But having the release docs posted
> from the "Documentation" page and the current tree docs posted either
> there or on the "Developers" page would be great. I'm happy to
> redirect my nightly cron job to put the output somewhere other than
> where they are now.

No problem, I'll come up with a developer's section.  I need to make it
as obvious as possible or as obscure as possible to keep the webmaster
mailbox from overflowing.  I'll let you know 'cuze it'll also affect
the search engine.  Hopefully in the next week, otherwise it won't happen
till the next century :)

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net       Online Campground Directory
http://www.camping-usa.com     Online Giftshop Superstore    http://www.cloudninegifts.com