Re: [HACKERS] Threads

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Threads
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > Just curious here, but out of all the platforms we support, are there any
> > remaining that don't support threads?
>
> Pretty much all of the older ones, I imagine --- I know HPUX 9 does not.
>
> Of course HPUX 9 will be a dead issue by the end of the year, because
> HP isn't going to fix its Y2K bugs; I wonder whether there is a similar
> forcing function for old SunOS and other systems?

HPUX9 won't be that dead.  It's still the highest version the 300
series machines will run and the Y2K problems in it aren't enough
to force alot of folks to upgrade the hardware and OS.  We're still
using HPUX8 on a number of our test stands and they even pass enuf
Y2K to keep 'em going (RMB can't do the dates but the system can).

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com