Re: [INTERFACES] PgODBC + Borland C++ Builder problems

От Geoffrey C. Speicher
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] PgODBC + Borland C++ Builder problems
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Sun, 16 May 1999, Geoffrey C. Speicher wrote:

> I have been using BC++ Builder for a few weeks now to build an interface
> to a PostgreSQL database via the pgODBC Win32 driver, and there seems to
> be some incompatibility between the two.

Hey, nevermind---it's fixed.  Checking the "Recognize Unique Indexes" box
in the advanced ODBC driver options fixed it.  Just for the record, and
maybe the PsqlODBC FAQ should be updated to reflect this, my settings are:

x Disable Genetic Optimizer          o CommLog
x KSQO (Keyset Query Optimization)   o ReadOnly
x Recognize Unique Indexes           o Parse Statements
o Use Declare/Fetch                  o Cancel as FreeStmt

Unknown Sizes: Longest

x Text as LongVarChar    o Unknowns as LongVarChar    x Bools as Char

Everything else as default (as is much of the above anyway).  Works like a
charm with Borland C++ Builder 4.0 (which is really nice, BTW).

Geoff