Re: AW: [HACKERS] Really slow query on 6.4.2

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: AW: [HACKERS] Really slow query on 6.4.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5 wrote:

> > Unfortunately, if you haven't done a vacuum, the system effectively
> > assumes that all your tables are tiny.  I think this is a brain-dead
> > default, but haven't had much luck convincing anyone else that the
> > default should be changed.
> >
> I totally agree with Tom Lane here. Let me try to give some arguments.

Maybe I've missed something here, but I don't think anyone disagree's that
our stats aren't the best, but I also don't think anyone has step'd up and
provided an alternative...have they?

Personally, I'd like to see some method where stats can, to a certain
extent, be updated automagically, when changes are made to the table.  The
generated stats wouldn't *replace* vacuum, just reduce the overall need
for them.

I'm not sure what is all contained in the stats, but the easiest one, I
think, to have done automagically is table sizes...add a tuple, update the
table of number of rows automatically.  If that numbers gets "off", at
least it will be more reasonable then not doing anything...no?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Really slow query on 6.4.2
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Really slow query on 6.4.2