Re: [HACKERS] lower() broken?

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: [HACKERS] lower() broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> > I have a record in table cust with the username of  joblo  and it's
> > already lower case.  This is from a cvsup a couple of weeks old.
> > Doesn't seem to matter if I use lower on username, 'joblo' or both.
> > And there's only the one record in the table.
> > Did something break or did I forget how to use lower()?
>
> Not sure. You *did* forget to tell us what data type is used for column
> "username".

Oops!  Yeah, I guess lower wouldn't work so well if it was a numeric
field.  Anyway, username is a char(8).

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] Major bug, possible, with Solaris 7?
От: "Daryl W. Dunbar"
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] Major bug, possible, with Solaris 7?