Re: [GENERAL] How to improve query performance?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [GENERAL] How to improve query performance?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Vadim Mikheev wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >
> > The table holds ~120k records right now, and the above query returns ~1100.
> >
> > To get a feel for the speed it returns, see http://www.hub.org/OS_Survey
> >
> > I can't think of any way to improve the speed, and yes, I do a 'vacuum
> > analyze' on it periodically (did one just before the above EXPLAIN)...
> >
> > Other other note...its a v6.4.2 server, running on a PII with 384Meg of
> > RAM and FreeBSD 3.0-STABLE...
>
> What is -S (memory for sorting)? Try to use -S 8192 or -S 16384.

Not sure if/how much that improved it, since I didn't time previously, but
down to ~1 minute...still a long time, but...should tied me over...

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] How to improve query performance?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] How to improve query performance?