New Software/Projects Database

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема New Software/Projects Database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
For the past few months, I've been meaning to re-build and re-write our
Software/Projects Database, as it, quite frankly, just never worked
well...

Tonight, that work has started.

If you go to http://www.postgresql.org/software (mirrors will pick it up
soon), you'll see it grow.

As I write this, the only "active" screen is the registration screen,
which anyone wanting to add to the database will have to go through.  It
doesn't ask for anything more then a First/Last name and your email
address.  A userid/password will then be sent back to you, that you can
use to add entries (am working on that right now), modify and delete
entries...

The "Register" pages will also be updated, over the next few days, to make
use of the same mechanisms for changes...we want users to be able to come
back and update their data easily, to eliminate 'stale' data...

Its a work in progress...if anyone wants to help by taking the HTML source
code for the pages and submitting "cleaner/nicer" ones, with better
wording, by all means, please do...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org