Re: [HACKERS] compilation problem on AIX

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] compilation problem on AIX
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Peter Gucwa wrote:

> Does somebody have solution for this problem that was discussed here a month ago?
>

> >> the stream functions on AIX need a size_t for addrlen's in fe-connect.c and pqcomm.c.
> >>This has come up before.  AIX wants size_t for certain structures like
> >getsockname().  I believe the third parameter on AIX is size_t, while it
> >used to be int on my machine, but is not socklen_t.  Is this correct?
> >The 'int' code works fine for me, but I can see why AIX is having a
> >problem, and perhaps it is time for configure to check on the various
> >types.
> >
> >    getsockname(int s, struct sockaddr *name, socklen_t *namelen);
>
> Ok, so this gets tricky. In 4.2.1 it is size_t and in 4.3.1 it is as
> above with socklen_t :-(

If someone can make me a *short* code stub that fails to compile depending
on which is used, I can add this to configure...

Marc G. Fournier                               scrappy@hub.org
Systems Administrator @ hub.org
scrappy@{postgresql|isc}.org                       ICQ#7615664