Re: [PORTS] Locale bug

От bamby
Тема Re: [PORTS] Locale bug
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Is this still an issue on FreeBSD?  Do we need to disable this problem
> somehow?

This is still actual problem on recent FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE. And I
successfully resolved this problem with my patch on several FreeBSD
installations of PostgreSQL including version 7.0.3.

As to comments on the patch, I found only one.

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Giles Lean wrote:

> > Can someone comment on this?
>
> The ctype functions operate for unsigned characters.  I think it's a
> K&R C hangover that they take int arguments, as anything smaller than
> int was widened as it was passed in a function call.
>
> There are plenty of platforms where 'char' is a signed type, including
> HP-UX on PA-RISC and some NetBSD but not all NetBSD ports.

FreeBSD have signed char by default too and this is the main piece of the
problem.

> > >   othercase(ch)
> > >   int            ch;
> > >   {
> > >           return toupper(ch);
>
> That's definitely not OK.  toupper((unsigned char) ch) is.  I'm not
> familiar enough with the code that is being patched to comment on the
> patch that was offered, sorry.

This comment refers to original code, not to patched one.

  Kind regards,
  Andriy I Pilipenko
  PAI1-RIPE