Re: A post-7.1 wish-list.

От Tom Samplonius
Тема Re: A post-7.1 wish-list.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Manuel Cabido wrote:

> I would like to inquire if in the next release of postgresql the database
> will have to be compacted into a single file like what Interbase
> database supports? I find this feature convenient because it will simplify
> the updating of your database considering that you will be dealing only
> with one single file.
 I don't understand how a single file is easier to update.  What kind of
updates are you talking about?
 A single file archicture requires that the database system have a
storage manager and a pseudo filesystem.  It also becomes another thing to
configure and monitor.  Ask anyone who has delt with Oracle's tablespace
and extent management on how complicated this can be.

Tom

От: "Andrew Snow"
Сообщение: RE: A post-7.1 wish-list.
От: Lincoln Yeoh
Сообщение: Lock on arbitrary string feature