Re: Patches with vacuum fixes available for 7.0.x

От Tom Samplonius
Тема Re: Patches with vacuum fixes available for 7.0.x
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> We recently had a very satisfactory contract completed by
> Vadim.
>
> Basically Vadim has been able to reduce the amount of time
> taken by a vacuum from 10-15 minutes down to under 10 seconds.
 What size database was that on?
 I looking at moving a 2GB database from MySQL to Postgres.  Most of that
data is one table with 12 million records, to which we post about 1.5
million records a month.  MySQL's table locking sucks, but as long as are
careful about what reports we run and when, we can avoid the problem.
However, Postgres' vacuum also sucks.  I have no idea how long our
particular database would take to vacuum, but I don't think it would be
very nice.
 That also leads to the erserver thing.  erserver sounds nice, but I sure
wish it was possible to get more details on it.  It seems rather
intangible right now.  If erserver is payware, where do I buy it?
 This is getting a bit off-topic now...

Tom