Re: [HACKERS] What about LIMIT in SELECT ?

От Matthew N. Dodd
Тема Re: [HACKERS] What about LIMIT in SELECT ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> My guess in a web application is that the transaction is started for
> every new page, so you can't have transactions spanning SQL sessions.
>
> LIMIT theoretically would allow you to start up where you left off.

It really does depend largly on the architecuture of the website doesn't
it.

LIMIT probably allows web site developers a quick and dirty way to do what
should properly be done with a web-DB proxy.  I seem to remember mod_perl
having a solution for this sort of thing.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |      This Space For Rent     | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |