Re: [SQL] What is the recommended machine configuration?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [SQL] What is the recommended machine configuration?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Brook Milligan wrote:

>    One thing in RedHat's favor, though, is that PostgreSQL comes with the
>    operating system as an installable package...
>
> So does FreeBSD, doesn't it?  I know NetBSD does.

    We have it as part of "ports", which means that as long as you
haven't done anything weird to your machine, it will compile, but compile
it you have to do.  RedHat has it as a pre-compiled package that you just
install just as you would any other package, when you install the
operating system...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: