Re: [GENERAL] What about Unicode?

От Dan Delaney
Тема Re: [GENERAL] What about Unicode?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Bruce Tong wrote:
> Yeah, I'll probably eventually try to exchange data with a Magic Cap OS
> based PDA which also uses Unicode. We currently translate to ASCII, but
> that causes some problems so supporting Unicode would be nice for me, but
> not essential.

Where it would be REALLY great is when you have to store name in
other languages besides english, or even when you just need a lot a
special characters in the english translation of the name which
Latin 1 doesn't have. I can get basic accents in Latin 1, but there
are a lot characters that it just doesn't contain.

 --Dan

 Daniel G. Delaney                    The Louisville Times Chorus
 Dionysos@Dionysia.org                   www.LouisvilleTimes.org
 www.Dionysia.org/~dionysos/          Dionysia Design
 ICQ Number: 8171285                     www.Dionysia.com/design/
                   I doubt, therefore I might be.