Re: [SQL] How do you remove a field from a table?

От Dan Delaney
Тема Re: [SQL] How do you remove a field from a table?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Danny Rice wrote:
> How do you remove a field from a table?

Hahaha. I wondered the same thing when I first started using
PostgreSQL. Unfortunately, YOU DON'T!  PostgreSQL has not yet
implemented that funtion of the ALTER TABLE command. You have to
just create a new table and copy everything over. I think this is in
the FAQ, or it might be in the User's Manual. I personally hope they
implement this soon. It's kind of a pain not having it.
   Cheers.
 --Dan

 Daniel G. Delaney                    The Louisville Times Chorus
 Dionysos@Dionysia.org                   www.LouisvilleTimes.org
 www.Dionysia.org/~dionysos/          Dionysia Design
 ICQ Number: 8171285                     www.Dionysia.com/design/
                   I doubt, therefore I might be.