AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Morning...

    the following is starting to get on my nerves :(  The table I'm
trying to update is ~22k records, and I can't seem to get through it...

    So, my first question is *what* does this message mean?  The
backend gives an error about too many open files, but there are less then
20 process running on this machine...

zeus:/usr/local/acctng/bin> ./close.pl isdn-1.trends.ca
processing 1405 records ... Found 1405 open records...
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

    I suspect that this is still a 6.3.1 server, and we're planning on
moving this to another machine that has 6.3.2 installed, but I figured I'd
ask regardless...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org