Re: [HACKERS] FW: BTP_CHAIN flag was expected

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] FW: BTP_CHAIN flag was expected
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 5 May 1998 AliE@atlas.com wrote:

> >         1. BTP_CHAIN errors cause system crash during peak traffic.

    Try upgrading to v6.3.2 ... I won't guarantee it, but the
BTP_CHAIN problem has disappeared on our system(s) since we've upgraded...

> >         2. Table sizes grow too much in short period of time.

    What sort of transactions are being performed?  If updates, then
the only way of shrinking the files back down again is to perform a vacuum
periodically...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org