Re: [QUESTIONS] groups of users

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [QUESTIONS] groups of users
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Responded to pgsql-hackers...

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Jonathan Sand wrote:

> The 'create user' command allows a group to be specified. How do I create
> a postgres group to which postgres users can belong? I've scanned the
> lists and man pages exhaustively. Must be obvious, but I haven't figured
> it out.
>
> Jonathan Sand
>
> sand@gizmolab.com
>
> Hardware: n. that aspect of a computer system which can be hit.

Just tried this out, and we have a bug here:

template1=> create user tester in group pg_user;
CREATE USER
template1=> select * from pg_group;
groname|grosysid|grolist
-------+--------+-------
(0 rows)

template1=> select * from pg_user;
usename|usesysid|usecreatedb|usetrace|usesuper|usecatupd|passwd  |valuntil
-------+--------+-----------+--------+--------+---------+--------+----------------------------
pgsql  |    1005|t          |t       |t       |t        |********|Sat Jan 31 02:00:00 2037 AST
scrappy|      10|t          |t       |t       |t        |********|
tester |    1006|f          |t       |f       |t        |********|
(3 rows)

template1=> insert into pg_group values ('test',0,'{scrappy}');
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "scrappy": can't parse "scrappy"
template1=> insert into pg_group values ('test',0,'{10}');
INSERT 18497 1
template1=> create user test in group pg_user;
ERROR:  defineUser: user "test" has already been created
template1=> create user test in group test;
ERROR:  defineUser: user "test" has already been created
template1=> select * from pg_user;
usename|usesysid|usecreatedb|usetrace|usesuper|usecatupd|passwd  |valuntil
-------+--------+-----------+--------+--------+---------+--------+----------------------------
pgsql  |    1005|t          |t       |t       |t        |********|Sat Jan 31 02:00:00 2037 AST
scrappy|      10|t          |t       |t       |t        |********|
tester |    1006|f          |t       |f       |t        |********|
(3 rows)

If I do a different usename ('beater'), it creates fine, but doesn't go
anywhere as far as pg_group...

If nobody is working on this area of the code, I'll use it as my personal
starting point into it...just let me know...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org