Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.3 still has problem with the index

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.3 still has problem with the index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 4 May 1998 AliE@atlas.com wrote:

> We were under the impression that the 6.3 resolved the index corruption
> issue with regard to large tables(BTP_CHAIN). The problem still exist
> and our table indices are still corrupting every night.  We are very
> desperate and need your help to resolve this issue. Our database size is
> about 80M and growing. We have one particular table (User_Account) about
> 12M, that is heavily accessed and updated. Almost every time the number
> of simultaneous access increases, the index on this table corrupts. What
> type of information can I present to you to help resolve this issue.

    v6.3 or v6.3.2?

    I had a problem with this on our server for the longest time, to
the extent that I added code that tells you which index is corrupted (if
it doesn't tell you, you are running an older version)...

    v6.3.2, I believe, cleared it up...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org