Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, teunis wrote:

>  If you were to talk about
> networking, BSD is the standard that Linux follows.

    And follows badly, last I heard...Linux's networking support
doesn't perform as well as *BSDs, and, last I heard, has been rewritten
from scratch 3 times in the past 6 years or so...

  Who wants STREAMS
> anyways?  If you're talking API interface (and here's where I bate
> non-glibc users), GLIBC-2 is the standard for Unix98+.  (I still don't see
> why postgres doesn't support it... though I haven't gotten around to
> writing a patch (or looking recently)...).

    Key reason why we don't support it...nobody except for Linux
currently is using it...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...