Re: [NOVICE] Maximum size before having to use BLOBs.

От
Тема Re: [NOVICE] Maximum size before having to use BLOBs.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Ryan Ho wrote:

> What is the maximum size 'text' or  'varchar' can support before a BLOB has to be
> used. I need to store some small text files and I don't know how big is too big
> for a 'varchar'.

As I understand things, a "tuple" (all the elements in a row) plus a few
bytes for book-keeping have to be less than 8192 bytes.  I haven't pushed
to see if my understanding is correct.

Gord

Matter Realisations     http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President
101  9504 182 St. NW    Edmonton, AB, CA  T5T 3A7
780/481-8019            ghaverla @ freenet.edmonton.ab.ca