Re: High Precision Mathematics PostgreSQL Extension.

От A Z
Тема Re: High Precision Mathematics PostgreSQL Extension.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Thomas,

Is there anyone more specifically that you know,
certainly on pgsql-hackers@lists.postgresql.org,
that you might recommd me to?

Z.M.

From: Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, 23 September 2021 1:14 PM
To: A Z <poweruserm@live.com.au>
Subject: Re: High Precision Mathematics PostgreSQL Extension.

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 1:39 PM A Z <poweruserm@live.com.au> wrote:
> I was wondering if you have had time yet to read and think about
> my most recent email about my desire to see a PostgreSQL
> High Precision Base 10 Mathematics Extension developed.
>
> Do you know anyone who is in a position to accomplish this?

Hi A Z,

Not me, sorry.  If it's a commercial proposition, you could perhaps
try talking to one of the PostgreSQL consultancies?  Or hire a student
:-)

I'm personally quite interested in getting DEFLOAT added to Postgres,
but that's a fixed size, floating point, base 10 data type, and it's
needed for standard conformance.  That's probably why I read your
emails to see if there was some overlap.