RE: AIX: Symbols are missing in libpq.a

От REIX, Tony
Тема RE: AIX: Symbols are missing in libpq.a
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
That seems good for me.
Thx !

Regards/Cordialement,

Tony Reix

tony.reix@atos.net

ATOS / Bull SAS
ATOS Expert
IBM-Bull Cooperation Project: Architect & OpenSource Technical Leader
1, rue de Provence - 38432 ECHIROLLES - FRANCE

De : Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>
Envoyé : vendredi 3 septembre 2021 04:58
À : REIX, Tony <tony.reix@atos.net>
Cc : pgsql-hackers@lists.postgresql.org <pgsql-hackers@lists.postgresql.org>; CHIGOT, CLEMENT <clement.chigot@atos.net>
Objet : Re: AIX: Symbols are missing in libpq.a

Caution! External email. Do not open attachments or click links, unless this email comes from a known sender and you know the content is safe.

On Wed, Sep 01, 2021 at 08:59:57AM +0000, REIX, Tony wrote:
> Here is a new patch, using the export.txt whenever it does exist.
> I have tested it with v13.4 : it's OK.
> Patch for 14beta3 should be the same since there was no change for src/Makefile.shlib between v13 and v14.

Thanks.  This looks good.  I'm attaching what I intend to push, which just
adds a log message and some cosmetic changes compared to your version.  Here
are the missing symbols restored by the patch:

pg_encoding_to_char
pg_utf_mblen
pg_char_to_encoding
pg_valid_server_encoding
pg_valid_server_encoding_id

I was ambivalent about whether to back-patch to v13 or to stop at v14, but I
decided that v13 should have this change.  We should expect sad users when
libpq lacks a documented symbol.  Complaints about loss of undocumented
symbols (e.g. pqParseInput3) are unlikely, and we're even less likely to have
users opposing reintroduction of long-documented symbols.  An alternative
would be to have v13 merge the symbol lists, like your original proposal, so
we're not removing even undocumented symbols.  I doubt applications have
accrued dependencies on libpq-internal symbols in the year since v13 appeared,
particularly since those symbols are inaccessible on Linux.  Our AIX export
lists never included libpgport or libpgcommon symbols.