Re: dump/restore to 7.4devel giving "[archiver (db)] error returned by PQputline"

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: dump/restore to 7.4devel giving "[archiver (db)] error returned by PQputline"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom wrote:
>...this is an old-protocol connection.  I conclude that you were
>using an old client, or at least an old libpq.so at the client end.

Thanks.  I'll dig deeper here.

>As for the unescaped CR, it's there sure enough, but this won't tell
>us where it came from.  Could you double-check the version of the server
>you were dumping from?

Yup.  It was a
  "Postgresql 7.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2
20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)"
and "\r" escaping didn't start til 7.2.1.

Is the best way for me to get 7.2 data to 7.4devel to:

  (1) upgrade 7.2 to 7.2.4 (no dump/restore needed?)
  (2) dump from 7.2.4, and
  (3) restore that dump

or is there a better path without the intermediate upgrade?

> and [quoted out of order] You probably shouldn't have cluttered
> the list with that output...

My apologies to everyone... and thanks with your patience!

  Ron