Re: ISO 8601 "Time Intervals" of the "format with time-unit

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: ISO 8601 "Time Intervals" of the "format with time-unit
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Peter wrote:

> It would be more useful to implement the SQL standard for intervals first
> instead of inventing more nonstandard formats for it.

Much of the postgresql docs talks about ISO-8601 formats, so I would think
of the patch more as a standards-based improvemnt for the current interval
shortand.

For example, where today postgresql accepts "1Y1M" as '1 year 1 minute',
with the patch, the ISO-8601-standard "P1Y1M" would mean '1 year 1 month'.

I would be happy to implement the SQL-standard-intervals as well if
someone can point me to that spec.  It's just that the system I worked
with happend to exchange data with ISO8601 time intervals.

   Ron Mayer

[Moderators of psql-patches... I first replied to Peter from a
separate (personal) account.  I think this reply is now in the
moderation queue). In retrospect I thought it might be better if
the archives had the whole thread from the original email address.
If it's not too late, could you reject my post in the moderation queue?
If not, sorry for the spam.]