RE: Select parser at runtime ....

От Nicolas Verger
Тема RE: Select parser at runtime ....
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> De : Tom Lane
> Are you sure about that?  Postgres supports ISO standard (ISO/IEC 9075,
> SQL 1992) outer joins.  Oracle claims to be compliant with that
> standard.  If they don't accept the standard syntax for outer joins,
> then their claim of compliance is faulty.  But last I heard, they did.

I find this on an Oracle Technical Forum :

- SQL 92 is a standard with 3 levels: entrey level, intermediate level and a
third level I - can't remember (sorry...)
-
- As far as I know, Oracle is SQL 92 entry level compliant.
- INNER JOIN, OUTER JOIN, LEFT JOIN etc belong to SQL 92
- intermediate level sintax and, therefore, will not work on Oracle.
-
- Regards,
- Danilo Gimenez
- Oracle DBA

So I haven't any solution.... Can I hope about a future implementation of
Oracle outer join style ?