odd psql behaviour on OSX

От Robert J. Sanford, Jr.
Тема odd psql behaviour on OSX
Дата
Re: odd psql behaviour on OSX  (Gregory Seidman <gss+pg@cs.brown.edu>)
Список pgsql-general
i am running postgresql 7.2 for OSX (10.1.4?) that was pre-built by marc
liyange (thank you very much mr. liyange!). whenever i'm working on my local
machine everything works gloriously. but when i attempt to use psql to
attach to a remote host i always receive the error message of "unknown
host".

i will type in a command line of
   $psql -h 192.168.1.128 -U myName myDBName

and get back
   psql: unknown host:192.168.1.128

that server responds when i ping it. i have tried adding entries into my
hosts file and restarting the system but that didn't help either. i have
tried the -p 4532 option to specify the port but that doesn't work either.

when i use dbvisualizer with the postgresql jdbc driver i can connect with
no problems. when i try psql on a win2k machine using cygin i can connect
with no problems. this leads me to believe that there is an issue with psql
accessing the network on osx.

any ideas and/or suggestions?

rjsjr