Problem installing Postgresql 8 on Win 2000

От Richard Luckhurst
Тема Problem installing Postgresql 8 on Win 2000
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Hello All

I am trying to use the pginstaller to install on a Win2000 machine. I do have NOD32 installed but as I notice in the FAQ there might be problems I have disabled it. I am running the install with all default options and my install fails when initdb tries to run. I get a PostgreSQL 8.0 popup box.

Failed to run initdb: 1!
Please see the logfile in 'C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\tmp\initdb.log'

That logfile gets down to

creating template1 database in C:/Program files/PostgreSQL/8.0/data/base/1 ... Bad command or file name
could not write to child process: Invalid argument
initdb: removing contents of data directory "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/data"

I tried when beta 1 first came out to install PostgreSQL on a Win2000 computer and got similar errors and could never get to the bottom of the problem. I now need to get PostgreSQL working to support a customers application so am prepared to put a lot more time into debugging if anyone out there can help.

Regards

Richard

Richard Luckhurst
Manager / Engineer