RES: RES: 8.2.4 selects make applications wait indefinitely

От Carlos H. Reimer
Тема RES: RES: 8.2.4 selects make applications wait indefinitely
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> "Carlos H. Reimer" <carlos.reimer@opendb.com.br> writes:
> > SELECT * or naming all the columns locks the client
> application. Yesterday
> > I´ve wrongly said that when naming all the columns instead of
> using the *
> > the applications did not lock.
>
> Hm, are you sure it's not one specific column that's causing the
> problem?
Yes, I´ve just doublechecked again. The table has 11 columns, I used 11
SELECTs, one for each column, and all run successfully. Started adding more
columns, no problem. When the full list of columns was specified in the
SELECT it locked.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Coercing compound types to use generic ROW comparison operators
От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: RES: 8.2.4 selects make applications wait indefinitely