Re: vacuuming not working?

От David Esposito
Тема Re: vacuuming not working?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is there some sort of time delay involved with VACUUM that I should be aware
of? I ran a VACUUM FULL on the table that I had run the test on this morning
and sure enough, it shrunk down to zero size (there were no rows in the
table) but then I reran the test and then ran VACUUM FULL and it DID NOT
shrink the file on disk ...

Is there some sort of cache or something that's never getting timed out (the
out of control 500 meg table file i made mention of, gets dumped and
repopulated every 2 minutes ... is there something that's never getting
removed from a LRU cache?)

Here's my VACUUM command ...