Re: most idiomatic way to "update or insert"?

От Peter Darley
Тема Re: most idiomatic way to "update or insert"?
Дата
Re: most idiomatic way to "update or insert"?  (Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh@pop.jaring.my>)
Список pgsql-general
Mark,
    It's not canonical by any means, but what I do is:

update foo set thing='stuff' where name = 'xx' and thing<>'stuff';
insert into foo (name, thing) (select 'xx' as name, 'stuff' as thing where
not exists (select 1 from foo where name='xx'));

    I believe if you put these on the same line it will be a single
transaction.  It has the benefit of not updating the row if there aren't
real changes.  It's plenty quick too, if name is indexed.

Thanks,
Peter Darley