RE: Libpq linked statically linked to OpenSSL/LibreSSL

От ALBERTO CABELLO SÁNCHEZ
Тема RE: Libpq linked statically linked to OpenSSL/LibreSSL
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> Hi all,
>
> After several attempts, I am asking for help with how to compile libpq with OpenSSL
> statically linked.
> I need to have libpq linked with LibreSSL, but if I could statically link OpenSSL, I think
> I could switch the TLS libraries at compile time.

Hi,

I'm not sure if it will work this way, but I think you could build libpq from source, then
enter src/interfaces/libpq and rebuild the final libpq manually including libssl.a, so redo
the step which creates libpq.so

gcc (blah blah blah) -o libpq.so.5.15 (more blah blah)

appending your libssl.a location (mine is /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.a) at the end.
It look prettier if you add it to the list of input ".o" files. You'll end with a bigger libpq.so.

That "15" is the PostgreSQL major version number. Yours could be different.

Hope that helps.