Re: Will Connection.createBlob be implemented any time soon?

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Re: Will Connection.createBlob be implemented any time soon?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
På onsdag 29. januar 2014 kl. 12:45:30, skrev Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>:

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 4:12 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@officenet.no> wrote:
På onsdag 29. januar 2014 kl. 06:57:25, skrev Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>:
On 01/19/2014 09:14 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> $subject

> It'd be nice to be able to do:

>                 val b = con.createBlob()
>                 val os = b.setBinaryStream(1)

The usual answer to "when will it be implemented" questions is "when
someone steps forward, does it, and submits a patch".

I haven't seen any prototypes or early attempts at this code. I suggest
taking a look and seeing what's involved in adding it.

I kind of  hoped the answer would be ending with "... or someone willing to fund it" but I recognize that the driver is practically in maintenance-mode and nobody has time for any real development on it.

Maybe it's time to re-suggest adding pgjdbc-ng to http://jdbc.postgresql.org so people are aware of the alternative, active developed, driver?

Possibly, however given the man hours that are being spent on it they would be far better spent on this driver.

Possibly.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@officenet.no>      mob: +47 909 56 963
Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS - http://www.officenet.no