Default operator class for data type boolean for access method gist is missing

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Default operator class for data type boolean for access method gist is missing
Дата
Re: Default operator class for data type boolean for access method gist is missing  (Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net>)
Список pgsql-general
I'm trying to define the following exclusion-constraint

alter table my_table add EXCLUDE USING gist (is_default WITH =, daterange(valid_from, valid_to, '[)') WITH &&) WHERE (is_default = true);

But it fails with:
ERROR:  data type boolean has no default operator class for access method "gist"
HINT:  You must specify an operator class for the index or define a default operator class for the data type.

I have the btree_gist extension installed.

So, my question is; Is there an existing operator-class I can install to make this work, and if not - how do I make it?

I know I can change is_default to INTEGER and use 1 and 0, but I'd really like to use boolean for this.

Thanks.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@officenet.no>      mob: +47 909 56 963
Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS - http://www.officenet.no