how to use valgrind for TAP tests

От osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
Тема how to use valgrind for TAP tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, hackers

I have a question about how to execute valgrind with TAP tests
in order to check some patches in the community.
My main interest is testing src/test/subscription now but
is there any general way to do it ?

The documentation [1] says
"It's important to realize that the TAP tests will start test server(s) even when you say make installcheck".
Then, when I executed postgres that is launched by valgrind, it didn't react to the test execution of "make
installcheck".

In other words, I can execute make installcheck without starting up my instance,
because TAP tests create their own servers
at least in terms of the case of my interested test, src/test/subscription.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/regress-tap.html

Could someone give me an advice ?

Best Regards,
    Takamichi Osumi