RE: Disable WAL logging to speed up data loading

От osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Disable WAL logging to speed up data loading
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, Tsunakawa-San

> I'm afraid "none" doesn't represent the behavior because RM_XLOG_ID and
> RM_XACT_ID WAL records, except for XLOG_FPI_*, are emitted.  What's the
> good name?  IIUC, "minimal" is named after the fact that the minimal
> amount of WAL necessary for crash recovery is generated.  "norecovery" or
> "unrecoverable"?
Really good point !

Yes, it cannot be helped to generate tiny grain of WALs.
I prefer "unrecoverable" to "none",
which should work to make any users utilize this feature really really carefully.
If there's no strong objection, I'll change the name to it from next time.

Best,
    Takamichi Osumi