RE: [Patch] Optimize dropping of relation buffers using dlist

От k.jamison@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: [Patch] Optimize dropping of relation buffers using dlist
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

Attached are the updated set of patches (V28).
 0004 - Truncate optimization is a new patch, while the rest are similar to V27.
This passes the build, regression and TAP tests.

Apologies for the delay.
I'll post the benchmark test results on SSD soon, considering the suggested benchmark of Horiguchi-san:
> Currently BUF_DROP_FULL_SCAN_THRESHOLD is set to Nbuffers / 512,
> which is quite arbitrary that comes from a wild guess.
>
> Perhaps we need to run benchmarks that drops one relation with several
> different ratios between the number of buffers to-be-dropped and Nbuffers,
> and preferably both on spinning rust and SSD.

Regards,
Kirk Jamison

Вложения