RE: Planning counters in pg_stat_statements (using pgss_store)

От imai.yoshikazu@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Planning counters in pg_stat_statements (using pgss_store)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 10:31 AM, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> > * bufusage still only counts the buffer usage during executor.
> >
> >   Now we have the ability to count the buffer usage during planner but we
> keep
> >   the bufusage count the buffer usage during executor for now.
>
> The bufusage should reflect the sum of planning and execution usage if
> track_planning is enabled.  Did I miss something there?

Ah, you're right. I somehow misunderstood it. Sorry for the annoying.

> > * We add Assert in pg_plan_query so that query_text will not be NULL
> > when executing planner.
> >
> >   There's no case query_text will be NULL with current sources. It is not
> >   ensured there will be any case query_text will be possibly NULL in the
> >   future though. Some considerations are needed by other people about
> this.
>
> There's at least the current version of IVM patchset that lacks the querytext.

I saw IVM patchset but I thought it is difficult to impose them to give appropriate
querytext.

> Looking at various extensions, I see that pg_background and pglogical call
> pg_plan_query internally but shouldn't have any issue providing the query text.
> But there's also citus extension, which don't keep around the query string at
> least when distributing plans, which makes sense since it's of no use and
> they're heavily modifying the original Query.  I think that citus folks opinion on
> the subject would be useful, so I'm Cc-ing Marco.

Thank you for looking those codes. I will comment about this in another mail.

--
Yoshikazu Imai