RE: logical decoding and replication of sequences, take 2

От Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: logical decoding and replication of sequences, take 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Tomas,

> > I did also performance tests (especially case 3). First of all, there are some
> > variants from yours.
> >
> > 1. patch 0002 was reverted because it has an issue. So this test checks whether
> >    refactoring around ReorderBufferSequenceIsTransactional seems really
> needed.
>
> FWIW I also did the benchmarks without the 0002 patch, for the same
> reason. I forgot to mention that.

Oh, good news. So your bench markings are quite meaningful.

> Interesting, so what exactly does the transaction do?

It is quite simple - PSA the script file. It was executed with 64 multiplicity.
The definition of alter_sequence() is same as you said.
(I did use normal bash script for running them, but your approach may be smarter)

> Anyway, I don't
> think this is very surprising - I believe it behaves like this because
> of having to search in many hash tables (one in each toplevel xact). And
> I think the solution I explained before (maintaining a single toplevel
> hash, instead of many per-top-level hashes).

Agreed. And I can benchmark again for new ones, maybe when we decide new
approach.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED