RE: Logical replication timeout problem

От wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Logical replication timeout problem
Дата
Re: Logical replication timeout problem  (Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com>)
RE: Logical replication timeout problem  ("kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 4:26 PM Kuroda, Hayato/黒田 隼人 <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

Thanks for your test and comments.

> Some codes were added in ReorderBufferProcessTXN() for treating DDL,
> but I doubted updating accept_writes is needed.
> IMU, the parameter is read by OutputPluginPrepareWrite() in order align
> messages.
> They should have a header - like 'w' - before their body. But here only a
> keepalive message is sent,
> no meaningful changes, so I think it might be not needed.
> I commented out the line and tested like you did [1], and no timeout and errors
> were found.
> Do you have any reasons for that?
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-
> id/OS3PR01MB6275A95FD44DC6C46058EA389E3B9%40OS3PR01MB6275.jpnprd0
> 1.prod.outlook.com
Yes, you are right. We should not set accept_writes to true here.
And I looked into the function WalSndUpdateProgress. I found function
WalSndUpdateProgress try to record the time of some message(by function
LagTrackerWrite) sent to subscriber, such as in function pgoutput_commit_txn.
Then, when publisher receives the reply message from the subscriber(function
ProcessStandbyReplyMessage), publisher invokes LagTrackerRead to calculate the
delay time(refer to view pg_stat_replication).
Referring to the purpose of LagTrackerWrite, I think it is no need to log time
when sending keepalive messages here.
So when the parameter send_keep_alive of function WalSndUpdateProgress is true,
skip the recording time.

> I'm also happy if you give the version number :-).
Introduce version information, starting from version 1.

Attach the new patch.
1. Fix wrong variable setting and skip unnecessary time records.[suggestion by Kuroda-San and me.]
2. Introduce version information.[suggestion by Peter, Kuroda-San]

Regards,
Wang wei

Вложения

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: make tuplestore helper function
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: pg_tablespace_location() failure with allow_in_place_tablespaces